No Products in the Cart
Streetwear is undeniably one of the most popular fashion styles for many wonderful reasons. No matter where you go in NZ, you’ll undoubtedly see people in casually stylish NZ streetwear clothing that looks beautiful without sacrificing comfort.
Are you interested in getting into streetwear yourself? This inclusive style is beloved by people of all ages, genders, lifestyles and more - if you want to get into streetwear, you’re more than welcome.
But everyone could use some help starting out. Read through this article to get some insight into how you can dress your best in a casually chic way.
Streetwear has been around for quite a long time, and it especially gained popularity in the 1990s. It has roots in hip-hop, surfing and skater subcultures and is still wildly popular today. Unlike flash-in-the-pan fashion trends that blow up and disappear quickly, NZ streetwear is certainly here to stay.
This style originates in urban areas and focuses on casual clothing and workwear. Unlike other fashion styles that rely on luxurious materials or expensive clothing, this style is accessible to all.
Something amazing about streetwear is how inclusive and diverse it is. You’ll see people of all kinds wearing whatever they want and expressing themselves through their clothing. Everyone is invited to the streetwear movement.
So, throw out those worries that you’re ‘not right’ for streetwear or that streetwear ‘won’t match you’ - if you’re interested and ready to try, you’re on the right track.
An amazing quality about streetwear is how varied and diverse it is, but this quality can also make it difficult for newcomers to understand how to dress. How can you pinpoint the qualities of a style that’s so diverse? If you go to any streetwear forum or collection of streetwear outfits, you’ll find countless looks that all look wonderfully different.
Luckily, you can dip your toes into the world of streetwear by following these easy tips:
1. Casual And Comfortable. Unlike other fashionable clothes that force you to choose between comfort and style, streetwear allows you to look and feel amazing. If something’s wildly uncomfortable, don’t be pressured to wear it. Stick to NZ streetwear clothes that you’re cosy in. Hoodies, jackets, tees and more are all streetwear staples.
These types of clothing are very popular in streetwear because they have limitless potential. You’ll undoubtedly find hoodies, jackets and shirts with colours and prints you love.
2. Accessories, Layers And More Accessories. What casually-fashionable look is complete without accessories? Don’t forget extra articles of clothing and accessories like hats, jewellery, sunglasses and more. Choose accessories with colours and styles that go well with the rest of your outfit. You never know; the right set of sunglasses or shining necklace can be the thing that turns your outfit into one that’ll turn heads.
Additionally, don’t forget layers! Jackets and hoodies are very popular in NZ streetwear because they make outfits more interesting. A nice open jacket can show off the design on your shirt while adding more to your look.
3. Stick To Brands You Love. Brand loyalty is huge in the streetwear community. People love to make outfits solely out of clothing from their favourite brand or even make creative outfits compiled from several of their favourite brands. While you aren’t required to stick to big-name brands like Nike or Billabong, they can make your look more prestigious.
Some popular streetwear brands are Nike, Converse, Billabong, Oakley, Quiksilver, Vans and more. Recognisable brands like these can be trusted because they have a good reputation and are known for providing people with exceptional quality.
4. Invest In Stylish Footwear. If you look into NZ streetwear, you’ll see heaps of stylish and unique footwear. In fact, many people think that good trainers or sneakers are often the most important part of someone’s look!
5. Show Your True Colours - Let Your Personality Shine. Perhaps the most important piece of advice you can get about streetwear is that streetwear is an expression of your personality, which is why the streetwear community is so diverse and welcoming. Don’t feel pressured to follow what everyone else is doing - let your unique personality shine!
Choose clothes you love, not clothes you don’t like but think everyone else will love. Show off your personality, interests and values through smart and creative clothing choices.
Westside Surf And Street is here to provide casually stylish clothing for New Zealanders everywhere. Our wide selection of apparel and products is perfect for people who want to look good, feel good and show off their special style.
If you’re interested in saving some money, we’d like to direct you to our sales section. Here, you can find plenty of high-quality and stylish clothes at discounted prices. You do not need to spend a fortune to look stunning.
If you have any questions at all, we encourage you to call us at 03 768 6513. We’d love to help you find products that you adore.
Step into the world of streetwear with us at Westside Surf And Street.